from Calyx Horticultural Services, publisher of
If you want to improve your garden but you're feeling lost, the Garden Ideas Service offers easy, low-cost garden makeover ideas using the convenience of the internet.
Perhaps you're a beginner gardener and would like some support as you start developing the garden yourself. Or, perphaps you're looking for ideas and inspiration to discuss further with your landscaper or gardening professional.
Based in Brisbane, Queensland, the service is especially suited to residents of this state and other parts of Australia who may be having trouble finding information appropriate to a subtropical or tropical climate.
Price Guide Applies from 1 July, 2017
• Preliminary assessment and notes: Free, No obligation (More information below)
• Area such as a typical suburban front yard: $220 incl. GST
• Area such as a typical suburban back yard: $330 incl. GST
• Backyard, front & sides of modern suburban yard: $440 incl. GST
These prices are a guide only - get in touch (see below) with regard to your particular situation.
What do you get?
Tailored to your own current garden situation, experience level, tastes, lifestyle and location, you'll get ideas for your garden via an email-based service.
There'll be an emphasis on plant selection and ways to keep costs down (including working with what you already have). This service is intended as a cheap and flexible alternative to a garden design which will improve your gardening knowledge in the process.
After discussion and analysis of your particular situation and needs (see below), you'll typically receive an report in electronic form that you can print out at home or view like a website on your computer, with clickable links that will take to you more detailed information on www.calyx.com.au and other useful websites.
The paid report will typically contain (depending on the particulars of the project concerned):
• Descriptive text
• Extra information about particular plants or other items
• Suggestions for further reading and links to other useful resources on the internet as appropriate
• Places to buy plants and other supplies, saving you time, money and stress hunting down materials
At present, this service is intended primarily for residents of Queensland. Residents of other Australian states may also take advantage of this opportunity, but it may not be possible to provide quite as much locally-specific information such as plant suppliers in the region.
What's the process?
1. Send an email: Include your location, a few photographs, and a brief description of your current garden. Any other information you can give at this stage is always helpful, such as desired style (e.g. tropical, cottage, native, contemporary) or other issues (e.g. need for privacy). This will help determine the nature of your situation and whether this service is suitable for you.
2. Preliminary assessment and notes: If suitable, you'll recieve some initial thoughts and ideas about your garden within a few days, at no cost or obligation. This should give you a general impression of the way in which the project is likely to be developed, or highlight points for further discussion, and help you decide whether you want to proceed with the paid service.
3. Payment: If you choose to proceed, you'll be asked for payment before further work is undertaken. You can pay by direct bank deposit or by cheque. Details will be supplied on tax invoice. Sorry, credit cards cannot be accepted at this time. (Prices include GST. ABN 38 518 961 623. Please see terms and conditions below.)
4. Developing the ideas: When payment is received, you'll be contacted again for more information about your garden and your personal preferences. This might involve a questionnaire, more photographs or further discussion via email. Each project is given a high degree of individual attention and the approach is flexible, depending on your circumstances.
5. Final report: Normally, the process will conclude with a report in HTML (website) format. This may take weeks or months depending on the complexity of the project. Ongoing discussion, if you wish, is available for up to one year from receipt of initial payment.
Need help finding information about some other horticultural issue? See Research Services
Any other question? Just get in touch:
Calyx Horticultural Services
ABN 38 518 961 623
Email: Email an enquiry
PO Box 220, Coopers Plains, QLD. 4108
Terms and Conditions
The upfront fee covers services as described above for up to one year from receipt of payment. The fee is not refundable if you change your mind or if you fail to supply necessary information or otherwise cooperate in order to reach a satisfactory conclusion within one year.
For your specific location, it is up to you and/or your contractor(s) to determine the applicability, feasibility, safety and legality of any suggested plant, product or service presented as an idea. Please seek further professional advice or consult with relevant authorities as appropriate.
Calyx Horticultural Services is not responsible for the way any idea or other information supplied is implemented by client(s). This is not a consultancy or a design service.
Identifying a supplier or any source of information does not imply recommendation or endorsement by Calyx Horticultural Services. Third-party products or services are the responsibility of the suppliers. Likewise, accuracy of content is the resposibility of the authors of publications such as books or other websites which might be referred to.
Intellectual property rights over original content, including the original component of lists and other compilations, is retained by Calyx Horticultural Services. Any such content, modified or unmodified, may be resold or republished elsewhere by Calyx Horticultural Services, but may not be sold or reproduced by the client.